BKIEA strives to remain a business that is regarded as trustworthy and reliable by members of the society. To that end, we have been working to support different social activities. At the same time, we are committed to achieving tangible and sustainable fulfillment of our corporate social responsibilities. We are focused on conducting our business activities with a balance among different dimensions: economic, social, and environment.
BKIEA contributes to the development of the community by financing different endeavors of different localities. In social contribution, we are implementing social activities that are closely linked to the benefits of local communities. The following are facts about Belayneh Kindie Import, Export and Associates’ contributions to different socio economic activities:
- BKIEA has purchased 25 Billion Birr bond for the construction of The Great Ethiopian Renascence Dam.
- In the last five years, we have provided 26.8 million Birr to different social activities taking place in different parts of the country. Education, health and rehabilitation of internally displaced citizens were the areas of our financial support.
- BKIE constructed a technical and vocational school for the people of Sekela Woreda (West Gojjam Zone, Amhara National Regional State) in 2010.
- We are providing financial awards for high grade achiever students in different universities and colleges.
- We have been engaged in school feeding programs. A total of 10 million birr is allocated for the program in ten years.
- We have provided two ambulances to Gelan City Administration in Oromia Region and Gish Abay town in Amhara Region.
Rehabilitation of Internally Displaced Citizens:
- We have financially supported the rehabilitation efforts of Oromia, Amhara and Ethiopian Somali Regional governments for internally displaced citizens.
- BKIEA sets a budget of ETB 1 million every year to support about 36 youth who want to get professional training in the field of athletics.
- BKIEA has provided birr 6 million for citizens who were displaced by natural and manmade calamity in different parts of the country.
- BKIEA participates in different fund raising activities organized by governmental and nongovernmental organizations.
- BKIEA has contributed ETB 500,000 to assist the construction of Bahir Dar International Stadium (in the capital of Amhara Regional State).